Regulating Tourist Bus Access in Verona: LTZ BUS
Verona's ZTL Bus area is a restricted zone within the city where tourist buses have limited access. The area is marked by vertical signage indicating the restriction. Only tourist buses possessing the PASS ZTL Bus are authorized to drive within the ZTL Bus area.
Pass Verification and Sanctions
Passes are verified randomly by personnel, who may request to see the access pass for the day of visit. Unauthorized transit will be detected and sanctioned in accordance with the Highway Code and municipal ordinances, with a daily fine of € 300,00.
Suspended Parking for Tourist Buses
The Verona municipality has suspended parking for tourist buses within the ZTL Bus area, except for two specific areas: the Bus Terminal at Centro parking lot and Parking C at the Stadium.
Passes and Tariffs
Passes are valid until 24:00 on the day of entry. There are several types of passes available, including:
- Full Pass High Season: € 150.00
- Full Pass Tour Guide High Season: € 105.00 (online only)
- Full Pass Low Season: € 100.00
- Full Pass Tour Guide Low Season: € 70.00 (online only)
- Reduced 25 Pax: € 40.00 for tourist buses with a maximum capacity of 25 people (excluding the driver)
- Reduced Hotel Lake Garda: € 40.00 for tourist buses transporting tourists staying in hotels located in the Verona area of Lake Garda
- Reduced Hotel Verona Province: € 65.00 for tourist buses transporting tourists staying in hotels located in the Verona province
- Reduced Hotel Verona Arrival or Departure: € 15.00 for tourist buses transporting tourists to hotels in Verona for the day of arrival and departure
- Reduced Hotel Verona Other Days: € 40.00 for tourist buses transporting tourists staying in Verona hotels on days other than arrival and departure
- Reduced Evening: € 40.00 for tourist buses entering the ZTL Bus area after 6:00 pm and exiting by 2:00 am the next day
- Reduced Arena: € 30.00 for tourist buses carrying groups attending lyrical events at the Arena Amphitheater
- Reduced Teatro Filarmonico: € 30.00 for tourist buses going to the Teatro Filarmonico for artistic performances promoted by the Arena Foundation
- Reduced Verona Province Residents: € 40.00 for tourist buses carrying groups of residents in the Verona province
- Free School: € 0.00 for tourist buses carrying school groups of all levels and nationalities
- Free Stadium/Sports Hall/Gavagnin: € 0.00 for tourist buses going to the stadium or sports hall for events using the connection bridge between the Verona Nord motorway exit and the stadium. For buses going to the Gavagnin-Nocini stadium, it is necessary to use the East bypass between the motorway access road and the Gavagnin-Nocini stadium
- Free Fair: € 0.00 for tourist buses going to the Verona fairgrounds parking lots, limited to the road section between the parking lots and the Verona Sud motorway exit or the South bypass exit for Strada dell'Alpo
- Free Verona Residents: € 0.00 for tourist buses carrying groups of residents within the city
- Free Disabled: € 0.00 for tourist buses transporting a number of disabled people, certified to be at least 50% of the available seats
How to Purchase
Passes can be purchased through the online services or using the parking meters and automatic machines distributed at the entrance of the urban area. The purchase process is straightforward, and payment can be made using a credit card or coins at the parking meters.
At the parking meter, follow these steps:
- Select the type of pass (full, reduced, or free*) by pressing the yellow button
- Enter the license plate of the vehicle and confirm by pressing the green button (Valid)
- Pay using a credit card or coins (max 30 pieces)
- Retrieve the PASS ZTL Bus and display it on the dashboard
*Free passes are reserved for buses carrying groups exempt from paying the Pass ZTL Bus, with an obligation to display the free pass along with documents attesting to the reason for the exemption.
For more information or to contest fines for unauthorized transit, it is necessary to contact the Public Relations Office of the Municipal Police by writing to
In conclusion, the Verona ZTL Bus area is a restricted zone within the city that aims to improve the quality of life for local residents and preserve the city's cultural heritage. Tourist buses have limited access, and only those possessing the appropriate Pass ZTL Bus are authorized to drive within the area. The Verona municipality has also suspended parking for tourist buses, with a few exceptions. Passes are available in various types and tariffs, and payment can be made online or at the parking meters. It is crucial to follow the rules and regulations to avoid fines and help maintain the beauty and charm of Verona.
LTZ BUS Verona Contacts
- TEL: 800 517 001
- Official page